Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 1:00pm to 3:00pm
The Faculty and Staff Search Committee Training provides participants with tools and resources to:
- Ensure equity and diversity across all stages of the search process.
- Expand capacity and re-envision the search process as an opportunity to attract and retain talent from diverse and underrepresented communities.
- Identify and eliminate implicit and cognitive bias that occur during screening and evaluation of faculty and staff candidates.
- Challenge the status quo and examine assumptions of “fit” and competence in accordance with a philosophy of Inclusive Excellence.
- Become change agents in their departments and transform the hiring process.
Prerequisite: IDI pre-assessment
Facilitators: Obie Ford III, Renny Christopher
Maximum Number of Participants: 30
This is a Group 3 workshop.
Library, Room 240
Who can participate:
WSU Vancouver faculty and staff