From Joyluck Club to Gangnam Style – Asian Pacific Islanders in the Media
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Join us as we discuss how Asian Pacific Islanders portrayed in popular culture and the impact of these portrayals in our society. Faculty members, members of the local media, and an independent recording artist will explore these issues and more during this interactive panel.
Light refreshments provided.
- Dr. Sharon Carstens, Professor of Anthropology and Director for the Institute for Asian Studies, Portland State University
- Jason Lim, Marketing Manager, Asian Reporter Newspaper
- Melissa Navas, Communications Specialist, Multnomah County
- Dr. Carol Siegel, Professor of English and American Studies, WSU Vancouver
- Rachel Wong, Independent Recording Artist
Who can participate:
Contact for more information:
WSU Vancouver Student Diversity
About WSU Vancouver:
WSU Vancouver is a premier, non-residential research university located in Vancouver, WA that offers 20 bachelor’s degrees, nine master’s degrees, two doctorate degrees and more than 37 fields of study.