Campus entry road will be closed for construction
Friday, March 29, 2013 (All day)
It appears that weather will be optimal to support our planned entrance roadway construction this Friday – Sunday.
As advertised, the campus roadway from the main entrance at Salmon Creek Avenue will be closed to all traffic between Salmon Creek Ave / 139th and the Sports Court. This closure will include the Orange 3 (South) Parking lot. The closure will include all day Friday through all day Sunday (3/29-3/31) with reopening and normal access operations beginning early Monday morning.
Normal Friday class schedules are ongoing Friday and there are a few events scheduled over the weekend that will operate normally using the detour from the main entrance to the 50th Avenue entrance (159th St and NE 50th Avenue).
It should be noted that ADA vehicle access to the Undergraduate building and the Multimedia building ADA parking areas will be detoured using the 50th Avenue access and the service road behind VUB from the Annex Building.
- Salmon Creek Main entrance closed to ALL TRAFFIC Friday through Sunday (Salmon Creek entrance to the Crosswalk by the Sports Court)
- The construction company will have flagger at the entrance on Salmon Creek along with the roadway barricade. The roadway on the campus side will be barricaded to ALL outbound/Southbound traffic at the Orange 1 Parking Lot
- Detour to the alternate campus entrance at 159th St and 50th Avenue – Friday through Sunday
- Orange 3 Parking lot (south parking lot) will be closed to all traffic Friday through Sunday
- ADA vehicle access to VUB and VMMC will be via the rear access road near Annex building
- All other areas of campus will be open and operational as normal
- A Public Safety CSO will be on site to assist with building access and support. (Public Safety Pager 360-690-1527)
- C-Tran (Bus route 19) will use an alternate temporary route to serve the normal bus stop near the Classroom Building (Bus Loop). C-Tran will suspend service to WSU after 8:00 PM on Friday 3/29/13
Planned work schedule:
Friday – 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Closed Road All Day – Grind and prep work
Saturday – 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM, Closed Road All Day – Paving work followed by paint and striping
Sunday – All Day, Closed Road All Day – Finish work and allow to curing
Monday (4/1/13) – Normal Operation, Public Safety will open the roadway at 6:00 AM
Your patience and support is appreciated.
Campus Entrance Road
Contact for more information:
About WSU Vancouver:
WSU Vancouver is a premier, non-residential research university located in Vancouver, WA that offers 20 bachelor’s degrees, nine master’s degrees, two doctorate degrees and more than 37 fields of study.